Huawei Technologies Sweden is looking for a Principal Researcher to be part of a multi-cultural team of experts researching and standardizing innovative solutions for next generation Core Network to support Industrial IoT.
The Cloud Core Networks (CCN) team is responsible for research and standardization activities towards concepts and solutions for future mobile core network technologies and communication systems. The team has a special focus on vertical industries, is actively contributing to industry associations such as 5G-ACIA and 5GAA, transfers technologies to organizations and standardization bodies like 3GPP, ETSI, IETF, and GSMA, participates in EU’s Horizon Europe research projects, and explores research collaboration opportunities with European universities and research institutes.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for generating innovative ideas and end-to-end solutions for next generation mobile core networks and associated technologies. Most of the team members have a Ph.D. degree, coupled with many years of experience in this area. You will be in the absolute forefront of new technologies creating new solutions for future mobile communications.
- Conducting research and standardization in the area of next generation mobile core network architecture.
- Patenting innovative ideas based on conducted research related to mobile core network and related technologies.
- Writing technical standards papers for and contributing to 3GPP SA standards organization as well as industry associations.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new innovative product features and solutions.
- Project management of and contribution to Horizon Europe research projects.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- Identifying new technical trends and requirements and providing recommendations to management level.
- Proposing and building collaboration projects with European universities and research institutes.
- Setting up good relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei’s vision and ensuring that the core network product line keeps a leading position in the industry.
- At least 5 years of research and/or standards experience (after a completed PhD/MSc degree) in a relevant area.
- Experience from patenting innovative ideas.
- Ph.D. degree in telecommunications or a similar area.
- Expertise in 5G Core Networks, 3GPP system architecture, and Service Based Architecture (SBA).
- Excellent skills in team work, collaborations, interpersonal communication as well as building relationships.
- Extensive experience (as a delegate or back-office) from industry organizations such as 3GPP SA2, IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) TC65, and/or 5G-ACIA is highly attractive.
- Experience from European research projects (writing proposals, leading work packages, etc. in e.g. Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe) is highly attractive.
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the emerging technical trends and ideas in the industry.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- International travelling may be needed
What you can expect:
- We offer you a competitive compensation package.
- Self-responsible work in a driven, collaborative, motivated and constantly growing team.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive knowledge sharing.
For more information regarding the position contact the hiring manager Ali Hamidian.
Work Place: Remote (within +/- 1 hour time difference compared to CEST)
Employment Form: Consultant/Contactor
Key Words: 5G Core Networks, 3GPP SA2, system architecture, Service Based Architecture (SBA)